Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Most Injury-Prone Job at Disney

What is the most injury-prone job in all of Disney? Stunt performer? Dancer? Jungle Cruise Skipper?

No, it's those costumed characters that we all love so much! I've said this before and I'll say it again, I have nothing but utter admiration to many of the cast members who do this. I can only imagine how unweildy those heavy costumes (especially the large heads) can be. On top of that, some of these characters go out in the stiffling heat, or have to walk around in tight spaces around dinning tables in a restaurant with people sitting and whizzing by all the time.

I do hope Disney does more with trying to reduce or even prevent such injuries to these cast members. The meeting with characters is a big part of going to the parks, especially for younger children, and even some adults (ME!). I do hope, though, that the new technology with the live character initiative does not replace the costumed characters.

Zz.

No comments: