Monday, August 13, 2007

Another Cinderella Castle Guest

Oh, so you can win a dream night at Cinderella Castle suite by having your name drawn at a writer's conference at WDW. This writer certainly did as she described in her report.

In my case, my name was plucked from a silver bowl, fairy godmother-style, at a writers' conference at Disney World. Suddenly, everyone at the meeting was my new best friend, hoping for the royal nod to join me.

Given that my guests and I were all women of a certain age (and girth), our castle sleepover – probably every little girl's fantasy – was more like a fractured fairy tale starring "The Cinderella Six.
"

Good for her. And it looks like all of them made full use of all the amenities they were given.

Amid the rich wood paneling and brocades, we enjoyed the perk of free calls to family and friends on the suite's marble phones and toasted our luck – and the genius of Disney – with blue crystal flutes. Each souvenir glass was etched with a single rose and the date of our stay.

From buckets of ice and late-night caramel corn to a breakfast of coffee, iced cinnamon buns and scones, our concierge good-naturedly catered to our whims, insisting that they were not nearly as challenging as the fried chicken and greens a previous guest had him rustle up at 2 a.m.


Whoa! I didn't know about the souvenir glasses!

I'll never win one of this... :(

Zz.

No comments: