Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Winnie the Pooh Day!

I'm not making this up! Today, January 18, is Winnie the Pooh Day.

And I came across this article in Women's Issues website (please don't ask me what I ws doing there) that pointed out a fact that I never realized before, that other than Kanga (Roo's mother), all the characters in Winnie the Pooh are all "males". This is true, of course, before Disney decided to introduced a new character of a little girl into its animation series to replace Christopher Robin (blasphemy!).

I never realize this before because, frankly, whenever I watch any of the Winnie the Pooh shows, the issue of gender has never come up, or never relevant to the story. It's not as if these characters were sleeping together or going through puberty. So I never thought about these things. But obviously, based on that article, a lot of people have! And some of them really do have too much time on their hands.

As I've said before, sometime a cigar is just a cigar.

Zz.

No comments: