Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Holiday Wishes 2008

The video that we took of Holiday Wishes during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is now available. I've decided to include the "live" sounds in the soundtrack, unlike my video of Wishes, HalloWishes, etc. that used only the recorded music as the soundtrack. Still, the recorded music has been synchronized with the live sound to enhance the music, which can be drowned out at certain times by the loud fireworks explosions.

Now, a bit of a gripe here. As I expected, and very much like HalloWishes this year during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, the fireworks has been condensed and shortened. You are welcome to compare the video that we took this year with the one taken by someone else from last year. That one made full use of the recorded soundtrack that you can by off the Holiday Wishes CD. The one that we recorded this year has been edited and shortened by roughly 2 minutes.

So other than my gripe about having to edit the music soundtrack so that it matches what was presented live, I am disappointed that I'm not seeing the full show. I suppose most of the guests did not and would not have realized that they are seeing the "lite" version of the fireworks, but I DID! And considering that I paid separately to get into this hard-ticket event, I think I deserve the whole thing under normal circumstances (they didn't shorten it due to the weather, I can tell you that!).

I don't know if the shortened version of all these fireworks during these hard-ticket event is due to their money-savings effort, or if it is part of their normal changes. If it is the former, I hope they restore the full version once this financial slowdown is over. But if it is the latter, then it SUCKS big time. Considering that you are making guests pay extra for the privilege to participate in this event, one would think you would not be skimpy in what you provide when compared to previous years. I'm seriously considering to not go to any more of these special parties until I know for sure if the full version of these fireworks have been restored.

Till then, here's the "shortened" version of Holiday Wishes that we saw this December. It took me FOREVER just to edit and get the recorded accompanying music to synch with the live sound!



Zz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My instinct is to think that it's a cost cutting measure, but I think both are unfortunate. Cutting down the fireworks for cost savings is a "big ticket" item. It would be like closing Space Mountain to save money.