Friday, September 28, 2007

The "Reality" of Disney World

This is rather interesting to read on the eve of my trip to WDW. Author David Koenig talks about his new unauthorized look at Walt Disney World history in his new book, Realityland: True-Life Adventures at Walt Disney World. Here's some interesting tidbits from the interview:

Q: Was there ever a time when Disney World wasn't crowded?
A: Until the mid-1980s, entire months, like October, would be so unpopulated that you could safely shoot a cannon down Main Street. (But) those days are long gone.


Tell me about it! Even the so-called slow season isn't that much slower anymore.

Anyway, I'm done packing and now sitting here trying to figure out what I'm forgetting. The excitement is building, and as usual, I know that it is going to be hard for me to go to sleep tonight.

Zz.

No comments: