Monday, November 20, 2006

Topiary Contest


Who would have thought? I certainly didn't!

I frequently enter a picture in a weekly contest at one of the Disney fan website (WDWMagic.com). Usually, my picture doesn't even come close to all the other amazing pictures that many Disney fan took. I'm continually astounded at some of the quality of the pictures. So obviously, my pictures often do not even make it to the final round of voting - I consider it an accomplishment if I even get that far.

So far, I think only one of my pictures ever made it into the winners list, coming in tied for 2nd with two other pictures in a Fantasyland contest. I entered the contest from 2 weeks ago on topiaries around WDW with this picture. I thought "it's interesting, but I'd be lucky if this thing made it to the final voting". Well, it made it to the final round of voting, coming in not 1st, not 2nd, but 3rd in that group during the initial voting. So the prospect looked bleak going into the final round of voting since pictures from the other group looked very strong too.

Well lo and behold, I woke up one morning to find that I was tied for 1st place in the final vote! How did THAT happen? Of course, I'm pretty pleased with the result, my first win, even though it was a tie for 1st Place. All with a picture that I didn't think would make it very far.

Can never predict how one of these things will go.....

The picture, btw, is a topiary they put up in front of the China pavilion at Epcot several years ago (I think it was in 2003) during the annual Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival. They haven't put this up again since.

Zz.

No comments: