Monday, May 07, 2012

Review of "The Avengers"

We went to see "The Avengers" yesterday. I have one advice to tell you:

GO SEE IT!

Even if you don't like this type of movie, go see it! It is fun, the writing is witty, and it is hysterically funny. Not only that, all the superheroes have such distinct characters and personalities that each one of them did not get lost in the very busy story. I think I could have done without Thor, who was the only non-earthling superhero.

I've always criticized movies like this where often the action goes too fast (digitally) that I can't quite follow what I'm seeing on screen. This movie suffers from the same problem, especially when the action is shown close up. Luckily, there aren't enough of those that distract from the movie.

A word of warning: DO NOT LEAVE THE THEATER WHEN THE CREDITS ROLL. Stay till the very end or you'll miss something. I know many of you want to rush to the bathrooms, but just trust me on this.

A wonderful and entertaining movie. A Must See. It certainly deserves the record-breaking weekend.

BTW, a bunch of us who saw the movie went out for Mediterranean food afterwards and had shawarma for dinner! If you have seen the movie, you'll get the relevance. :)

Zz.

1 comment:

Sara said...

THIS MOVIE IS INCREDIBLE!!! I can't imagine anyone not liking it!!! I usually don't like action movies...but since there were those main superheroes and such it made it that much better.

Dangit!! I had a feeling something happened after the credits. I'll have to wait next time I go with my family. Thanks for sharing!