Saturday, December 29, 2012

O'Hare Immigration

I flew in from Hong Kong yesterday into Chicago's O'Hare International Terminal (Terminal 5). I haven't done this in ages, since my usual port of entry into the country is either JFK, LA, or SF. In any case, I had been traveling for more than 24 hours, and haven't slept much during that period.

While standing in line waiting to get through Immigration, my ears perked up. Holy Cow! They were playing the music from "Illuminations" in the background! I know that tune anywhere considering that "Illuminations" is my most favorite fireworks show in all of WDW.

But the funny thing was that the music had been chopped up. It wasn't being played in the order that we are familiar with. The "slow" part kept getting edited into the middle of the fast part.

I would love to hear the story behind this. Did they get Disney permission to use the chopped up tune? Did the Homeland Security people attended a Disney Institute training and, in the process, got Disney's permission to use their tunes? Anyone has any info?

In any case, considering the groggy state that I was in, I certainly gave myself credit for being alert enough to notice this.

Now wait till I tell you about my shopping spree at the Hong Kong Disneyland stores at the Hong Kong airport!

Zz.

No comments: