Thursday, May 16, 2013

Use Disney's Biometric Scans For Immigration Control?

Once again, the way Disney runs its business is being used as an example on how the US Govt. should conduct its business. An amendment to the Immigration bill proposed the use of the biometric scan used for entry into WDW parks as a means to track entry and exits of visitors to the country.

“Senator Rubio, he happened to share with me that Disney World uses a biometric system to ensure people do not commit ticket fraud. If they are that easy, affordable and good enough for the Magic Kingdom, they ought to be good enough for the United States. Senator Sessions’ amendment would guarantee they would not be eligible for lawful citizenship until there is a biometric entry/exit system.
I have no idea if such a thing is feasable, but I have no strong opinons one way of the other. BTW, there is already a "biometric" scan in some form at airports for entry of non-citizens. I've seen many non-US citizens having their fingers scan at Immigration counters at these airports. So is this not the same thing?

BTW, I always read with glee whenever my Disney obsession coincides with my Physics background. The mention of Sen. Rubio somehow establishes the connection between this blog entry with another that I made in my physics blog. :)

Zz.

No comments: