Friday, November 12, 2010

Donald Makes His Debut Appearance at the NYC Disney Store in Times Square

Hi all! To start, I'd like to apologize to those of you out there still waiting for my commentary on WDW's Party for the Senses. I haven't forgotten...I've just been busy recovering from one trip to make another. Yesterday, I went to Times Square to visit Daisy's good friend, Lady Liberty Minnie, at her new home on Broadway. Well, the space is creatively designed, but it still doesn't hold a candle to the World of Disney store I knew and loved on 5th Avenue. Still, there is plenty of NYC themed merchandise  for the average tourist. The New York Exclusive Vinylmation and pins are probably enough to draw the more avid Disney fan through the store's doors at least once. But the real draw here is for the kids. Even my 9 month old stroller buddy Ben was mesmerized by the decor. And, I can't wait until Ben is ready for Ridemakerz, a  "Build-A-Bear" type center where kids can put together their own Lightning McQueen racecars. It's kind if pricey, though...plan on dropping at least $40 on this activity if you're thinking of taking your tyke on this building adventure. Here are some pictures from the store for all to enjoy. One more word of advice...use the registers upstairs when making a purchase...the lines are much shorter!

DD.
 

No comments: