Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Disney Store Just Lost My Business

Yesterday, I went to Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, just outside of Chicago. This is the mall that also has the Disney Dooryway To Dreams DVC center. Anyway, had a nice, short chat with the cast members there at DDD store and then proceeded to the Disney Store in the same mall to buy a few things. Now, keep in mind that this is Saturday, at around 4:30 pm. We just had a tough time finding parking at this huge mall complex. So if there's such a thing as a peak time, this WAS the peak time for shopping at the mall.

So I picked up a few things that I wanted to buy, and proceeded to pay for it. That's when I noticed that there was only ONE cashier! The line was at least 10 deep when I got to the back of it, and soon after, 3 more people got in line behind me. The line still had not moved. I looked around, and there was at least 2 other employees (are they now cast members as well?) around the store in addition to the one working the cash register. This was INSANE! Again, keeping in mind that this was PEAK period for shopping on a Saturday.

I don't know if they're having management problems, or staffing problems, or what during this transition period. But even while under Children's Place management, I never saw a time when a line gets this long that they did not open another register if it was possible to check people out. It makes no sense because these are people who are about to give you their money.

After standing in line for a few minutes and not moving, and not seeing any other employees attempting to open another register to handle the customers, I changed my mind. I put back the merchandise that I took, and simply walked away without purchasing anything.

Zz.

No comments: