Thursday, July 17, 2008

Rediscovering the Disney Magic

This is a fun trip report, but unlike any other. It was written by someone (a mom) who, at first, no longer had any interest in going to a Disney theme park.

Moving to Orange County got us closer to Disneyland, but by the time I graduated from Saddleback High School, the D-land thrill was gone for me. What tore it was senior grad night when we were locked into the park until 5 a.m. Gads! There were probably fewer places to sleep in Disneyland than there were for make-out sessions. I spurned the park like a boyfriend that had outlived his shiny promise.

Anytime talk of a trip came up from my own kids, I'd start figuring out who but me could take them. Grandma Jaci came through most times. Last year, husband Joe and his fake knee took daughter Hannah and her friend Kristen to the Pirates of The Caribbean "At World's End" premiere. I was only mildly curious about the celebrities. I was more intrigued that they got to skip all the ride lines due to his handicap (the freaking ride lines, come on!).


Still, this has a happy ending. Well, sort of if you ignore the lost cell phone (which was found the next day) and kids starting to become grouchy at the end of the day. She even liked California Adventure!

Hoo boy, is Disney spot on with California Adventures or what? Pshaw to anybody that thinks a fake California doesn't have merit. Soarin' Over California almost made me cry it was so super cool! Never mind that the ticket taker wouldn't let us cut the line. Our Fastpass was no sweat and my disbelief was totally suspended. That ride alone made the price of admission worthwhile.


Good for her!

:)

Zz.

No comments: