Thursday, December 27, 2007

Disney World and Other Theme-Park Stores Taking Off at Orlando International Airport

Looks like the 2 Disney stores and other theme park stores at Orlando International are doing extremely well. The 2 Disney stores, of course, outsells all the other theme parks stores.

Disney dwarfs the competition. Its stores -- the flagship Disney's EarPort in the terminal's east hall and the Magic of Disney in the west hall -- outsell all of the other theme-park stores combined. Its stores ring up as much as $1.2 million in receipts in a single month.


Have you shopped there on your way in or out? I've never stopped there on my way in. I don't know why anyone would, considering that you're about to go to the center of it all in a few minutes anyway. Besides, we normally would make a bee-line to get our luggage and our rental car anyway since we want to get to WDW resort as quickly as we can to get our day started.

Now, on the way out, that's a different matter. Depending on how busy the airport is, especially the security check lines, if I have time, I do stop by both stores just to walk around. Usually, by this time, I would already be shopped out. We usually have several packages mailed directly to our home, so we certainly would have done a lot of shopping. So I have seldom bought anything from the 2 Disney airport stores. The few times that I did buy something was when I forgot to buy a souvenir for a few people.

It's too bad that they don't have a store inside of the secure area. People tend to get to the gate early since they don't know how long the security check might take. So there are a lot of people near the gate area simply doing nothing. A Disney store near the gates would be a great place to just browse around, and these tend to also be the customers that would make impulsive buys. I know I would.

Zz.

No comments: