Sunday, December 30, 2007

DVD Review of The Chronology of Donald Duck Vol. 3

I read the beginning of this DVD review of the recently-released The Chronology of Donald Duck Vol. 3, and I knew that this person has almost the same opinion as I do.

In my many years as a cartoon fan, not quite an aficionado but definitely an enjoyer of fine animated fare, I have always tended to lean to the Warner Brothers side rather than Disney. I prefer the over-the-top violence that the likes of Bugs, Daffy, and the gang provide as opposed to the more family oriented tack that Disney goes for. Now this is not to say that I don't like Disney at all, there is a special place in my heart for their classic characters and toons alongside the Warner gang. In particular, there are always two Disney characters that float to the top of my favorite lists, and neither are the iconic mouse that has defined the brand for all of recorded history. One of them is the comical dog Goofy, I identify with his prolific ineptitude and enjoy his comical antics. The second is the focus of this two DVD set, the easily irritated Donald Duck. This waterfowl is the most quick to anger, and quite possibly the edgiest of the Disney bunch.


.. and I went, holy cow! This person is saying exactly what I've been saying! :)

It is no secret that the cartoons that I grew up with and that I still love dearly are the Looney Tunes cartoons. I find the Warner Brothers characters a lot more memorable than Disney cartoon characters, with the exception of Donald Duck, which remains as my most favorite Disney character, mainly because he does get mad and loses his temper.

So yes, we do have all 3 volumes of the Chronology of Donald, and all 5 volumes of Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVDs. :)

Zz.

No comments: