Sunday, February 08, 2009

Initial Coverage of Disney/Pixar's "Up"

WARNING - the review in the link may contain spoilers. Do not read beyond where the author said you shouldn't if you do not want to know more that could possibly spoil the surprise.

"Up" was given several previews to the audience at New York Comic Con (wasn't this when they also previewed TR2N last year?). And it appears that my salivating after I saw a trailer of it before Wall-E this year was fully justified based on what I've read.

Beyond that, my advice is that you should do yourself a solid and stop reading when you hit the silly photo coming up. Just go buy your tickets when the movie opens up on May 29, 2009. If any movie studio on Earth has earned the right to market a movie by just saying, "Trust us," it's Pixar, and from the footage I've seen, Up is not going to be the movie that breaks their streak. When a movie can manage to make you cry less than 10 minutes after the lights go down, and then make you laugh uproariously less than 10 minutes after that, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences might as well just get it over with and pre-announce Up as one of the nominees for Best Animated Film of 2009 right now.


I believe! I believe! And I'll buy!!

Zz.

No comments: