Thursday, June 11, 2009

'Pirates 4' Bigger Priority for Disney than 'Lone Ranger'?

That is certainly what Jerry Bruckheimer thinks in this news article. Both movies share the same lead actor in Johnny Depp. But which one will be produced first?

When asked whether Depp preferred to shoot "Lone Ranger" versus a return to Captain Jack, Bruckheimer reiterated that while Depp was interested in Tonto, but "Disney's priority is to get [a fourth] 'Pirates' made."


Either way, it will be interesting to see what turns out.

Zz.

2 comments:

Brad said...

I voted for Lone Ranger. Pirates to me seems overdone. Sadly they don't listen to my vote.

ZapperZ said...

With Gore Verbinsky not directing Pirates 4, we may have a different flavor to it. I think Verbinsky used up all of his creativity in creating the first Pirates, and ran out of ideas for the 2nd and 3rd. They could use someone like Sam Rami to direct Pirates 4, or even Tim Burton. Now THAT, I would pay to see!

Zz.