Monday, March 15, 2010

"Alice" Has Legs

Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" is still the #1 movie this past week, hauling in another $62 million to bring its total to an amazing $208 million already.

“Alice,” which stars Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, has earned $208.6 million in its first two weeks of release. It set a handful of records in its opening weekend: the sixth-biggest opening ever, the biggest debut for March and for a 3-D film, the largest opening weekend for the year, and the best-ever Imax opening.

“Alice’s” $62 million in receipts “would be a great number for an opening weekend,” said Paul Dergarabedian, film analyst for Hollywood.com Box-Office in Los Angeles. “And for this to happen in the first quarter, it has never been done before. It has to be word-of-mouth that’s driving this.”


I think I may need to see this movie again. In my review, I wasn't sure if I liked the movie or not. I think I'm beginning to appreciate it more, but I definitely have to view it again and just not let the ending ruin the whole movie. Maybe Helena Bonham Carter can save it with her uproarious portrayal of the Red Queen.

Zz.

No comments: