Thursday, March 18, 2010

Helena Bonham Carter and "Alice"

A very entertaining article on Helena Bonham Carter and her role at the evil "Red Queen" in "Alice in Wonderland".

Bonham Carter, who has a nine-year romance and two children with Burton, giggled as she recounted the moment when she was invited to take on the royal role in "Alice in Wonderland," the highly anticipated Disney film, which opened over the weekend.

"It was like a proposal of marriage," said the 43-year-old actress.

"I was doing 'Terminator Salvation' at the time, and when he asked me, I was really flattered. It was a complete surprise! I know people think it's disingenuous when I say that, but it's true. They won't understand this, but each time (he has a film), I truly don't expect Tim to ever want to work with me again."


As I've mentioned in my review of "Alice", I thought she stole the movie. Her portrayal of the Red Queen was over the top, as it should be, and was completely memorable from start to finish. She should have her own movie sequel!

Zz.

No comments: