Saturday, March 12, 2011

Merchandise For WDW 40th Anniversary

WDW turns 40 this year. Of course, many of us Disney fanatics will be buying souvenirs to commemorate this event. This news article covers some of the crap.... er .... items that will be marketed to fans as part of the year-long celebration.

The goods started rolling out near the end of 2010 and new phases will continue this year, leading up to Oct. 1, the anniversary of the Magic Kingdom opening. Steven Miller, merchandise communications manager, walked and talked me through the merchandise options recently at the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney.

Will I buy any of them? Sure I will! But I am hoping that there's something worthwhile to buy. I'm not in the mood of getting another mug, or just any ordinary expensive t-shirt. And PLEASE! More Donald merchandise!

Zz.

No comments: