Friday, March 25, 2011

Parasailing at Bay Lake

Here's a video of a parasailing activity at Bay Lake. Most of you may know that you can do this by going to the Contemporary at the Sammy Duvall Watersports Center.



I did this a while back. While I didn't get any videos while I was on it, I did snap still shots. So below is a series of photos I snapped while I was up.

Here we are, being taken by the crew to the middle of Bay Lake.


I'm up! Great view from up here.







Final shot - my feet over Bay Lake.

It's a fun experience. Just a hint: don't do it when there's an impending storm. :)

Zz.

2 comments:

Joe Shelby said...

My wife and I did this (tandem) in May of '07. Weird smell at the time: the smoke from fires in the swamps in Georgia could be smelled. Having not been there since '84, it was cool to see the remnants of what were major landmarks pre-EPCOT, like Discovery Island and River Country.

We had the same boat pilot you did. :)

After this (and we just made a full out-of-the-parks afternoon) we bussed and boated to the Fantasia mini-golf, then changed for Raglan Road for dinner and La Nouba. It was the only day we didn't like having the buses - 20 minutes wait for Contemporary to MGM (never found out why), and almost 35 for Pop Century to DTD (due to one of the water parks hitting closing time, so they took forever to load everybody on to them). We ended up a touch late to La Nouba, and from the running to get there, dead tired.

ZapperZ said...

That's one of the reasons why we always rent a car even when we stay at the Disney resort. It takes to freaking long to get anywhere using the Disney buses. It's a major convenience when you don't have a set time to be somewhere, but if you do, you have to plan to get there way ahead of time in case the buses are late.

Zz.