Thursday, September 22, 2011

Disney Hopes Swampy The Alligator Will Take On Angry Birds

Looks like Disney is hoping that Swampy could become as popular (or at least close enough) as Angry Birds. They have released an iOS game "Where's the Water" staring Swampy the Alligator.

Swampy stars in Disney Mobile’s “Where’s The Water?”, and while he lives in the sewers, he’s (ironically) a bit of a clean freak. Players must direct water into Swampy’s shoddy plumbing by cutting paths through the ground, all so Swampy can get his much-needed shower.

A few quick minutes playing the game has confirmed my suspicions: it already seems to have the same addictive charm that made Cut The Rope and Angry Birds such efficient timewasters.
Oh, that's all I need, being addicted to another iPad game.

But with Disney, you know that they won't just stop with the game. Oh no. It looks like there's a possibility for a whole set of movie tie-ins and merchandising, i.e. creating a franchise.

We'll just have to see if this catches on.

Zz.

1 comment:

Jeff C. said...

I had no idea! Like you, I need another Angry Bid type addiction like I need more Disney pins....oh, wait...I do!! :p