Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Madame Leota

OK, this is an almost impossible photo to snap well. I know I've tried a few times. It is a shot of the levitated Madame Leota in the seance room during the Haunted Mansion ride.

First of all, you cannot use flash photography. Not only is it against the rule of the ride, but it will also destroy the look of the scene. None of the scenes along the Haunted Mansion attraction are meant to be seen in bright lights, so that flash will destroy everything.

Secondly, if you snap a photo without the flash, then everything will be a blur. This is because not only are you moving since you are in the Doom buggy, but the subject is also moving, in this case, the levitated head of Madame Leota in the glass globe. So both are against you in snapping a reasonable shot..... Until now!

What happened was that during this ride, the Doom buggy stopped momentarily while we were in the seance room. I quickly pulled my camera out of my pocket (I have a point-and-shoot camera), turned it on to AUTO mode, turned off the flash, and as steady and I could get my hands, snapped a few shots. Although I can see the outcome on the LCD screen, I of course have no idea if the shot came out OK will I downloaded it to my PC and see it on the screen. And I must say, it turned out better than I expected. But I'll let you be the judge for yourself.



Zz.

1 comment:

Kristin_Texas said...

Nice! The 999 happy haunts were on your side it seems.

That's my favorite Disney ride, and the ride's soundtrack is my pick-me-up song. Lol!

Kristin