Saturday, August 18, 2007

My Birthday At WDW

Hey, The Disney Blog is running a birthday contest where someone could win that Year of a Million Dreams Mickey Ears hat. And if you've been following my blog, you know how much I want that hat! :) So here's my "contest entry". It is on my birthday at WDW.

My birthday is on Jan 2nd. So in 2006, we decided to do this at WDW. We got there on Jan 1st, and were there till the 7th. There were just three of us, but it was one of the best times I had at WDW.

The highlight of the day was my birthday dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. They sprinkled our table with glittery ears and party streamers. Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip 'N Dale were there to help me celebrate my birthday. Chip 'N Dale came over to our table quite a few times. In fact, Dale was quite mischievous that evening. More on that later.



So here's my cake that was specially ordered. It was HUGE for just the 3 of us, so we took the rest back with us. Of course, when they brought out the cake and lighted the candle, they announced it to the rest of the guests in our part of the restaurant, and the cast members there sang something (it wasn't "Happy Birthday") to me.


After I blew the candles, Dale came over, saw the cake, and tried to "steal" it.


Needless to say, the cake was delicious (it was chocolate). The whole dinner was just wonderful. But it wasn't over yet. We stayed for Spectromagic and Wishes. When I got back to our room at SSR, I saw this card on the table at the end of a couple of balloons. It said "Happy Birthday, from your Pal, Mickey". I almost cried! :)

It was a terrific end to a wonderful day. I hope to do my birthday again there some time soon.

Zz.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow...great story about you birthday.

Since mine is in the summer, I haven't been able to visit WDW during that time. Maybe next year!