Monday, September 17, 2007

Epcot Jumbo Pin

This past Saturday was another Windy City Pin Traders meet. It may sound rather unbelievable, but this meet keeps getting better and better each week, and we enjoyed it more and more. This can't go on forever, can it? :)

It also was the largest turn out that I've ever seen. Since I'm relatively new with the group, I deferred to the more established members of the WCPT, who also proclaimed that it was the largest they can remember. So the group is certainly doing very well and getting a lot of support and participation from its members. I'm forever grateful to have been introduced to it since I've made several very good friends out of this group of wonderful people.

One of the pins that we got at this past weekend's pin meet was this Epcot jumbo pin that I saw about a couple of months ago. When I first saw it, it took my breath away because it was just stunning. It is the Epcot's geodesic and the hand/wand (hooray!) in silvery, shinny metal. It was a jumbo pin given to attendees at the 2002 Pin Celebration event at Epcot. And the thing is HUGE! I'm guessing it is about 5-6 inches tall and 6-7 inches wide.


Needless to say, I'm pretty happy to finally get this. It is now proudly on display on the shelf, along with a couple other pin sets. I think it will stay there for a while.

Zz.

No comments: