Monday, September 17, 2007

Year of a Million Dreams Mickey Ears Hat

It is no secret that I've been dying to get one of those YOMD Mickey Ears hat. Other than spending a night in Cinderella Castle, which I don't consider a realistic possibility, getting one of those hats was the highest on my list. I thought it was a realistic hope, since I've seen quite a number of people walking around the parks with these hats. While we have been certainly lucky in getting something for the YOMD (the Dream Fastpasses during our June trip), we have never been lucky enough to win those damn hats!

And when John Frost had a small contest to win this hat, I of course tried that as well. Alas, I didn't win that one either. :(

So for the past few months, I've been helping a friend at work plan his family's WDW vacation. I was the one who told them about the free Disney Dining Plan that comes with the Magic Your Way package this year, and told them that if they want to go and save money, this would be the time to do it. The 4 of them (husband, wife, and 2 young sons) got a very good deal and booked the trip. During the past 2 months, we've been carefully planning on what they should do, where to go eat, etc. While the parents have been to WDW a long time ago, this will be the 2 kids' first trip to WDW. So they were very excited, and the planning got into full gear a couple of weeks ago. It happened that they were supposed to fly in to WDW on the Saturday of my Pin Celebration Trip, so I managed to meet up with them at Downtown Disney.

Anyway, they got back from their trip late last week, and only today did I get the chance to meet with my coworker to ask him how the trip was. And lo and behold, he brought with him TWO YOMD Mickey Ears Hats! I was speechless. Of course I then found out that they were selected to receive the hat. It was right after they got off Living With The Land attraction. And he told me that while the kids are keeping their hats, they are giving me these two hats!!!

To say that I almost fell on my butt is to put it mildly.



So I guess that my quest for the hat is over. I'm sure I'll find a suitable place to display the hat (it won't replace the July 17, 2005 Disneyland hat though). Nevertheless, I'm still wishing to get one for our upcoming trip in just 12 days from today. I can always hope.

Zz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good for you!
I've been enjoying reading all of your pin-trading adventures. Glad you finally found the hat~ that was very nice of your co-worker to share.

ZapperZ said...

Yes, I know. They gave me those as a thank you for helping them not only find a good deal for their WDW trip, but also helping them plan out what they should do there. Since they were going during the free dining plan period, I urged them to make dining reservations way ahead of time so that they get to eat where they want to.

So now I have 2 other people at work asking me to keep them informed for the next great Disney deals. I tell ya, I should get a commission for doing this! :)

Zz.