Sunday, September 21, 2008

Disappointing Visit To A Disney Store

Went to visit a Disney Store at the Woodfield Mall here outside of Chicago last night (it's the same mall that has the Disney's Doorway to Dreams store). The store has been redecorated ever since Disney took over. Nothing to complain about here.

Now I don't know if they are still in transition, and if the merchandise is still in flux, but there seems to be extremely little (and I mean almost non-existent) apparel for adults, and much less, for adult men! I can at least find men's t-shirts and shirts for men at the old Disney Stores, but last night, I swear, I could not find one single apparel for adult men! There were some Nightmare Before Christmas outfit for women, but zilch for men! If they were some around the store that I missed, they certainly managed to make it so inconspicuous that they were easily missed. And I did walked through the entire store looking at the merchandise.

I think the Disney Stores basically have given up on apparel for adults, and especially men. They were never plenty of those to start with, but with the "new management", it seems that it is getting to be even less or non-existent. As an ardent Disney shopper, it gives me even less of an incentive to go to a Disney Store.

Zz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the Pleasure Island debacle has shown us that Disney isn't quite sure how to deal with adults yet.