Friday, September 26, 2008

Disney Stocks During This Turbulent Times

As a Disney stock holder, I am of course keeping an eye on the value of Disney Stocks. Mind you, unlike people who play the stock market game, I am not one of those who invests in Disney stocks to make a quick buck. I'm in it for the long haul, mainly because I think the company is in a good shape and heading generally in the right direction. Besides, I spend way too much money on it, so I might as well try to get a piece of the action.

In any case, with such turmoil going on in the financial market and the stocks on Wall Street going nuts one way and the other, I find it fascinating that Disney stocks hasn't had the same rollercoaster ride. It seems to be holding steady just above the $30-$32 mark. I don't know how long this will continue, or if the next financial report might change that, but it is amazing that while a lot of other companies are just having a financial meltdown, that Disney could maintain the value of the company with little to no change. I know that whenever the stock dips below $30, we tend to buy even more. So in some sense, there are good and bad points about its stock staying above $30, but it is certainly good for the company and the rest of the current stock holders.

Zz.

No comments: