Monday, September 29, 2008

Who Owns the Rights to Photo at Disney?

I take TONS and tons of pictures when I'm at WDW (and DL). I've lost count how many thousands of pictures that I have. However, as much as I think I can profit out of that, it has never crossed my mind to see if any of it would be "marketable". Even my Disney videos that I've edited throughout the years, I tend to give those away without expecting any financial gain of any kind (recognition would be nice, though).

This Q&A on who owns the rights to pictures taken at Disney certainly is something that is relevant to me, not because I intend to sell pictures of what I took, but rather to clarify some legal positions. It basically says that you own the rights to your pictures, BUT, if the picture involves something that is a trademark symbol or something that has been copyrighted, then there are legal restrictions to what can be done with such images.

Basically it reinforced what I think I already know. So it hasn't changed anything.

Zz.

No comments: