Sunday, February 27, 2011

Disney Jazz, Volume 1: Everybody Wants to be a Cat

I first saw this CD on the Disney Movie Rewards webpage as one of the merchandise I could redeem my points for. So I went to check it out both on iTunes, and on Amazon. The review posted on Amazon was outstanding. The snippets of the tunes that I listened to on iTunes confirmed that impression.

This review gives a too-brief of a description of the CD. Still, I've already made up my mind to get this. The only question is on whether I'm going to wait till I have enough DMR points (I've just redeemed a huge amount for a Donald Duck pin set), or just go ahead and buy it.

Since it says "Volume 1", one would expect that there'll be more in this series. BTW, I'm not sure why it is Volume 1, since this isn't the first time that Disney's music has been "jazzed". There is an amazing CD titled "Disney Adventures in Jazz" that was produced in 2001. I have that CD and I highly recommend it.

Edit: more reviews have come in for this CD.
Review 1
Review 2

Zz.

No comments: