Saturday, February 12, 2011

John Lasseter To Cameo On "Cars 2"

The animators at Pixar working on "Cars 2" surprised their boss John Lasseter with a car of his own. Named John Lassetire, the vehicle is an American pickup truck. Lasseter also voices the character in the movie, although it had only one line.

"It was news to me," said Lasseter, who is also serving as a director on the animated film. "I did not know about that, so I was a little surprised. I ended up voicing this character. It was just one line, but now I have a 'Cars' character. I'm very excited about that. He's a good ol' American pick-up truck, which I think is very appropriate for John Lassetire."

Lasseter's character serves as the pit crew chief for a high-profile race car. In the sequel, slick race car Lightning McQueen and his tow truck friend Mater set off on an around-the-world adventure. "Cars 2" producer Denise Ream said she was inspired to inject Lasseter in the film by George Lucas' brief cameo in "Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith."

Zz.

No comments: