Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New (Temporary?) Animated Hitchhiking Ghosts At Magic Kingdom's Haunted Mansion

Whoa! I had a huge scare with this one, and it wasn't because the ghosts scared me.

This video shows animated hitchhiking ghosts at the Haunted Mansion attraction at the Magic Kingdom. At first, I couldn't figure out where they would have such a long stretch of black background to project such a thing. Then when I read the synopsis of the video (copied below), I realized that this was at the end when we see the hitchhiking ghosts. My first reaction was "NOOOO!!!!!! Don't replace that!!!!!"

Well, obviously, if you've read the synopsis closer than I did the first time around, you would have noticed that they're simply working on the hitchhiking ghosts animatronics, and this is a temporary thing until those animatronics are back. PHEW!!! That part is one of the best part of the whole attraction, and so they'd better not touch that!

Here's the video, and the synopsis accompanying it.



The Hitchhiking Ghosts have been (temporarily?) replaced in The Haunted Mansion at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom by projected, animated, computer-generated versions of themselves, floating by. It appears, at the moment, that these are temporary replacements while the Audio-Animatronic figures behind the black projection screens are enhanced.

Zz.

No comments: