Saturday, January 28, 2012

Top 5 Spots At World Showcase

I read this article about the Top 5 Magical spots at Epcot's World Showcase, and I started thinking of my own favorite spots there. So I decided to come up with my own list of my favorite places at Epcot.

5. Japan
Architecturally, both Japan and China are my favorites. However, the expansive courtyard and the tower kinda tipped it in favor of Japan. It certainly is one of my most favorite places to snap a picture.

4. France
The view in front of the water fountain is amazing, especially if you walk to coming from the UK pavilion. What is even more impressive is the view at night.


3. Italy
My favorite spot here is the island right in front of Italy that has been made to look very much like the canals of Venice. This place is one of the better viewing area for Illuminations in the evening, and is a terrific place to hang out. Besides, it also offers some of the most stunning view of the surrounding.
In fact, depending the time of the year and the timing, viewing Illuminations from here can also give you a glimpse of Wishes at the Magic Kingdom!


2. Morocco
My most favorite pavilion in all of World Showcase. It is exotic, it is unusual, it has my most favorite World Showcase restaurant (Marakesh), and it has amazing decor and architecture. At night, it is just a magical place.


1. Entrance pavilion
My most favorite spot is not even a pavilion. In fact, for most of the day, nothing happens there. But it is the area in between the two gift stores near the entrance to World Showcase. During the day, it is just a wide, flat concrete area. However, in the evening, it is the best place to view Illuminations. In fact, 1 to 1/2 hours before the start of the show, people will already have staked their spots there, and just to relax while they wait for the show.
However, when Illuminations starts, this is when the magic happens. It is where you can see the show in all its symmetric glory.

So those are my Top 5 spots at World Showcase. What are yours?

Zz.

No comments: