Monday, February 05, 2007

The Happiest Sight On Earth

To me, this is the happiest sight on earth!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is what you see when you drive in to the Walt Disney World complex. When I see this, it means that I've just arrived for a stay at the happiest place on earth. I have usually a week to look forward to.

Alas, I won't get to see this again till late May. I'm counting the days.

We also are planning on going again in late Sept into early October. We normally make our 2nd trip in early Sept, over the Labor Day week and into the following weekend where we also attend the Pin Celebration event. However, we are planning on skipping that event this year (it will be hard to resist especially after the start releasing pictures of all the pins that will be released at that event). The reason for this is that we would like to be at Epcot on Oct. 1st for its 25th Anniversary.

Disney so far, much to the displeasure of many Disney (and Epcot) fans, do not have any plans on marking this milestone in Epcot's history. I find this rather surprising. It is almost as if Epcot is being treated like a stepchild that they are embarrassed about. Considering that it is the 3rd most visited Disney theme park (after The Magic Kingdom and Disneyland), I would think it deserves a bit more respect than this.

Nevertheless, I am planning on being there on that date. At the very least, they should have commemorative pins to mark this occasion.

Zz.

No comments: