Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Not The Happiest Place On Earth?

It was reported earlier that Disney is suing the city of Anaheim to make sure that the plan to build a housing complex right near the Disneyland Resort never comes up again. This public radio's Marketplace website has more on this, including pictures supplied by Disney of Harbor Blvd. right outside of Disneyland around 1992 before the city of Anaheim's plan to protect the area from inappropriate development, and one that was taken recently.

Pretty dramatic, I would say. As a Disney fan, I of course don't want to see a towering housing complex that would ruin the whole Disney experience. But I don't live or work there, and so I don't have any appreciation for the problem of affordable housing in that area. Still, I can't believe that that is the only place left to build affordable housing in all of Anaheim..... or is it?

Zz.

No comments: