A report in today's Los Angeles Times predict that the once cozy relationship between Disney and the City of Anaheim may be over, and that the rift may last for quite a while as Disney will probably change its strategy and attitude towards the city.
I would not be surprised by this. I think this whole thing is ludicrous in the first place, and the developer is disguising this whole thing just to get to build those luxury housing.
And oh, one more thing. MOST of us do NOT get to live right next to where we work! The constant whining of "affordable housing" near Disneyland has none of my sympathy. Do Disneyland cast members deserve better wages? DEFINITELY. I've argued for that many times on here. But who says that they have the "right" to be within a few minutes of where they work? Since when do people, especially in Southern California, expect NOT to commute to work? I commute 31 miles each way to work everyday! This argument that Disney workers SHOULD be able to afford to live near Disneyland is hogwash and does nothing to persuade me to their cause.
Besides, why does the affordable housing must be within the 5% of the land already designated as the tourist area and generating most of your city's revenue? Why not bulldoze parts of the rest of your 95% of your land and build affordable housing there, if you are THAT concerned about "affordable housing".
This whole thing is stupid.