Sunday, June 29, 2008

Disney Phone Mess Fixed

We don't much from people who actually bought the Disney phones and service, so this article is very "rare". Still, Disney should have taken care of this before the former owner had to write to The Fixer at this newspaper to get her money back.

After switching my service to Verizon on Oct. 6, I mailed back the phones the next day (within the 30-day period to get a refund). Approximately two weeks later, I received a notice from the company that it was unable to do any refunds and that I should contact Disney Mobile directly to obtain my refund.

So I contacted Disney Mobile, and it stated that yes, after all my bills were paid in full, a refund would be generated. It also agreed to refund my activation fees for the phones because it was within the 30-day policy.

After working with the customer service at Disney Mobile for more than four months, I did get the activation fees reversed, but the company would not refund the money for the phones or accessories because I purchased them at the kiosk at Downtown Disney. It stated that this was a third party.

I told the company I bought these phones on Disney property with the Disney brand name. Boy, oh boy, what a mess. The people that worked at the kiosk were long gone. I actually spoke to the person that managed that stand, and he said Disney reps had come in and shut it down the day after the notice of the Dec. 31 closure was announced.


The ONE thing that Disney needs to realize is that most guests really don't know or don't care if a vendor or a worker is from a "third party" organization. If it is on Disney property, it IS Disney and represents Disney. Period! So giving a guest the excuse that such-and-such came from a third party vendor does nothing but infuriate the guest even more! The guest may have a bad impression on that vendor, but will have an even worse impression on Disney. If it is a Disney product or service on a Disney property, it IS Disney and Disney needs to take ownership and responsibility for it. And this goes for any merchandise bought at stores, and outsourced workers working at Disney resorts.

Zz.

No comments: