Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Toy Story Mania: How I beat Pixar's John Lasseter

Oh, this is such a fun blog entry. First of all, most of us would DIE to be able to get on a ride, much less, Toy Story Mania, with John Lasseter. Secondly, to be able to "beat" him at it is even more fun. However, did Lasseter really got beaten?

So as not to bore you with all the play-by-play details (he took a Lakers-like early lead, I battled back a la the Celtics), I’ll cut to the chase: When the final scores flashed up on the big board, I was shocked to have outscored the legendary John Lasseter 205,400 to 200,100.

Upon further reflection, I’ve come to realize that he probably let me win. That he is so good as to be able to lose at will by a few thousand points. To boost my ego. Inflate my self-worth. And provide my happily ever after ending.


I would be gloating all year even if I got beaten by Lasseter by a gazillion points.

Zz.

No comments: