Sunday, August 10, 2008

Did Mickey Take Her SUV for a Spin?

This is a rather ..... er ..... I can't think of what to call this .... "interesting" incident (?), and it happened at, of all places, the Grand Floridian, where guests definitely expect top-notched service. A guest first could not get her vehicle because the valet service simply couldn't find the keys. Then when she finally got the keys, she noticed that several things have been changed in her vehicle.

When I asked how they found our keys, I was told that someone had filled out the envelope incorrectly -- using my first name instead of my last. When I pressed further, an attendant admitted that my keys weren't in the original envelope and that no one knew why my keys were ever removed from it.

At this point, I became suspicious. When they pulled the vehicle around, I noticed that my son's car seat had been unlatched. I was sure someone else had used my SUV. We also discovered that the movie my son had been watching on the way to Disney World had been moved.


Based on this report, Disney has outsourced the valet service, so it is not be operated Disney cast members. But see, a guest does not know that, and frankly, they shouldn't care. If anything goes wrong, it is "Disney" that screwed up, not an outsourcing company.

In any case, there's something I don't quite understand here. I have stayed at GF before, and unless things have changed, they give you a ticket when you valet your car. So where does the "name on an envelope" comes into all of this? All they do is look for the ticket number, no?

One doesn't expect everything to go well 100% of the time. That's impossible for any kind of service industry, especially for Disney that has to deal with that many guests. Still, one wonders what actually happened here. It's nice that Disney is giving the family some compensation, but only after being contacted by the ombudsman.

Zz.

No comments: