Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gustav May Be Moving Away

No, this hasn't turned into a weather blog. But since this storm could potentially disrupt our trip to WDW next week, I'm keeping a very close eye on it. So far, things are looking better than it did 24 hours ago. The National Hurricane Center has a 5-day projection that seems to point it moving further into west into the gulf, and thus, avoiding central Florida. It is also projected to be moving faster as it gets into the gulf, which is good because it'll be out of the way by Wednesday next week.

In any case, as a sign of how I am so looking forward to this upcoming trip, I am already staging some of the stuff I will be bringing. Since this will be for the pin celebration event at Epcot, I have to figure out what pins to bring (I'm definitely not hauling the whole pin trading collection with me) that would be highly tradeable, and also the pins I need for playing the pin games.

We will also be attending the Mickey No So Scary Halloween Party on Sept. 5th at the Magic Kingdom. This time, I have a costume that should be a bit better than I had last year. I'll tell you all about it later, but I'm quite excited about it. It is difficult to select a costume to wear for MNSSHP because it has to be small enough to be able to pack in a luggage, and it can't be too heavy or thick, because the weather is still warm and humid. So hopefully the one I've chosen works! :)

Barely a week left, and I can't wait already.

Zz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it is moving away. I am also leaving next week for Disney (6th) and have been watching Gustov like a hawk. I also noticed there is another hurricane coming near Bermuda. I wish us both luck and i hope you have fun!!

ZapperZ said...

I know. Right now it is called Tropical Depression Hanna. The projection as of now seems to make it go through Central Florida from the east. I hope they are wrong.

Zz.