Monday, March 02, 2009

The Force Is Strong In Mickey Mouse

This writer isn't too impressed by the various figurines of Disney characters as Star Wars characters, especially at $195 each.

OK. Not to be Mr. Negative, but in These Troubled Times (TTT), are there really that many people who can drop almost $800 for a whole set (let's be honest; if you're buying one, you're probably going to get them all)? This, on top of admission to Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida? Or Disneyland; out of the 600 made, 500 go to Florida, and the rest go to California.

The latest batch (previous statues included Goofy as Jar-Jar Binks, which I oppose on moral grounds) features Mickey Luke; Minnie Leia (in the gold bikini from "Return of the Jedi"); Goofy Chewbacca; and Donald in Carbonite. They look great, but still, I dunno.


The picture of the figures can be found here.

I'm also a casual fan of Star Wars, but not rabid enough that I would buy this. Maybe the Donald Duck in carbonite might be fun, simply because we collect Donald stuff, but even that is a stretch.

Zz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suspect that they're not expecting to _sell_ that many of them. They are just fun to look at and generate enthusiasm. Personally I'm glad they exist, even though I'm not going to buy them either.