Monday, March 30, 2009

I Did It!

I finally did it! I took the plunge and became a D23 charter member yesterday. I just couldn't resist it even though in the back of my mind, I didn't think the whole thing was such a good deal, at least, not for $75.

There is a substantial risk with D23 that Disney could not only alienate loyal fans, but also get bad publicity out of it. So even with the launching of it during this bad economy and Disney cutting back on expenses, the club better deliver a lot of perks for members, especially those that cannot attend the D23 Expo in Sept. of this year. Without such perks, these members will not get the bang for their buck, and that's the quickest way to send something like this into oblivion.

So I'm giving D23 a chance. I'm already a DVC member and an annual passholder. What can D23 do to impress me?

Zz.

2 comments:

Brad said...

I think they're kind of going with the philosophy of "get everyone to sign up and then figure out what we're going to give them." At least that's my fear. I hope they consult some of the minds in the blogsphere that have been doing that kind of work for years (MouseFest people for example) to get an idea of what people really want and expect. It would seem crazy to ignore all the experience out there.

Steve said...

I just joined too! Received my membership card and certificate. Shopping for frames. :)

Also received my member gift a couple of days later. Talked all about it on my blog. I can't make the Expo either, so I'm hoping Disney comes up with other promotions to make it worthwhile.

A very nice magazine too...