Saturday, July 23, 2011

Donald Great Adventure - The Wanyama Safari

Hello there my wonderful fans! I'm sure you've missed hearing from me. It has been a while since ZapperZ brought me out of his bag and let me wonder on my own to the various interesting places around. In any case, I just came back from a wonderful time at WDW. While I was there, I was invited to go on the amazing Wanyama Safari at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. If you haven't done so, I strongly recommend you do it. Even for a duck like me, it was a fun thing to do to see how the rest of the animal kingdom live.


Now, if you've never done the Wanyama Safari before, this is a tour of the safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge, followed by a special dinner at Jiko. This safari is available only to guest of the Animal Kingdom Lodge, of which I was at that time. Just make sure you try to book it way in advance, it is a very popular tour.


The safari tour started out in the late afternoon. They put us on this converted truck, which was surprisingly quite comfortable. Of course, with my lush feathers, a few rough bumps here and there didn't bother me.
  

This was our tour guide. She was very nice, and he liked me!

And now, on with the tour. We did quite a long, slow drive around the AKL safari grounds. I saw lots of giraffes.

I also saw a few zebras crossing....

Hum.. I wonder what he tastes like... Oh, not for me, of course. I'm a vegetarian!

It was HOT. A lot of the animals were under shades. Too bad they could not get a nice, cool bath that I would get later on back in my suite.

It was a fun safari! But I was starving towards the end, and was glad when we moved to Jiko for our dinner. I've always liked Jiko. It is such a unique place to eat. Even though it was sweltering outside, it was nice and cool inside, and they had a nice fire going in this huge "oven".

Here I am looking at the special Wanyama Safari menu. I'm glad they don't have roast duck!

The chef made quite an amazing, special dinner for us. Of course, he was honored to have me as one of his guests. He was one of my biggest fans!

At the end of the evening, I ate like Miss Piggy! The food and the wine were just outstanding. I'd fly to Orlando just to do the tour again.

That's all for now. This is Donald Duck signing off till my next Great Adventure.

DD.

No comments: