The news article listed some of the "fun facts" about "On Stranger Tides":
* Eighth film in history to reach the $1 billion threshold.
* Third Disney film in less than 18 months to gross $1 billion globally ("Alice in Wonderland" was the other).
* The Walt Disney Studios' fourth title to earn $1 billion.
* No. 3 film of all time at the international box office.
* Crossed the $500 million international threshold in a record-setting 14 days.
* Crossed the $800 million global threshold in only 20 days, the second fastest ever to reach this milestone.
* Set a new industry speed record by crossing the $700 million global threshold in only 16 days.
* Disney's biggest international release ever.
* The biggest "Pirates of the Caribbean" installment in 58 territories.
* Highest-grossing Disney film ever released in China and Russia.
* Nearing $100 million in Japan, where it's been No. 1 for all six weeks of release.
It certainly will make a boatload (pun unintended) of money for Disney. The question is, will it be able to reinvent itself into its critical acclaim, is it going to be a giant disappointment the same way the Star Wars franchise had become with its last 3 movies?