Monday, December 28, 2009

Donald's Great Adventure - Kilimanjaro Safari

I went on the Kilimanjaro Safari at the Animal Kingdom recently. It was good to get to go into the wild and see how my fellow animals live away from the glamorous life of celebrity. I was just a bit surprised that, for going off on a 2-week safari, ZapperZ didn't pack anything other than the backpack he had on his back. He certainly didn't bring any of my outfits and all my grooming kit that I need to stay in this presentable condition for my fans. Oh brother!

Anyway, here's me starting off on the safari. Oh boy, was it a very bumpy ride! If I didn't have a hand keeping me steady, I would have bounced out of the vehicle!



Here was where all the hippos lived. I think they were shy, because everyone of them were under water when we were there.



Oooo... er.. hello Mr. crocodile! I hope you've had your meal. You wouldn't want me. I'm all feathers and not much meat.


We are now at the African savanna.


... still at the African savanna. It went on and on....


Termite mound? Ant mound? Or elephant scratching post?


Ah, I see my friends the giraffes.



Well hello there! Such nice horns you have!


Awww... the giraffe must be tired!


Here are a few of my very distance cousins. We seldom get together for a family reunion because, frankly, they tend to eat all the fish.


Ah, here are the elephants! "Excuse me! Hello? Do you know where my friend Dumbo lives?"



Oh, er... it's a rhino! Quick, take away his credit card. He's about to charge!


Oh dear. Pardon me, ma'am. I'm sure you're in the middle of doing something private. I'm so sorry to have intruded on you like this. We will be out of here in no time. Have a good day.


Unfortunately, due to some poachers in the area, our 2-week safari was cut short, by about 2 weeks! It was lucky for us because we didn't bring any change of clothes.

DD.

No comments: