Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Water Artist

During our last trip to WDW this December, we stumbled into something we've never seen before during a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. People familiar with the Magic Kingdom would know the walkway connecting Frontierland to Adventureland, primarily because this walkway also has the washrooms. Well, we were walking through that area and stopping at the washrooms when we encountered this cast member doing something quite extraordinary with nothing more than a brush/broom and water! Yup, using just those, he was drawing Disney characters on the walkway pavement itself!









Yup. It was done with only water. It was amazing to see, and we stood around several minutes admiring his work.

I don't know if he is a Disney artist, or if he really was one of the custodial crew who happened to have this talent and doing this on his own. Whatever it was, it was one of those small things that added a bit of "magic" to the visit. If he really was the custodial crew, I hope my taking this picture of him doing this doesn't get him into trouble, especially if he was supposed to be doing something else. But I thought this was just one of those amazing "street-mosphere" stuff that makes a Disney theme park unique.

Zz.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats cool! Your not going to get him in trouble though - I remember the Disney Blog talked about this a while ago: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/10/brooms-water-create-unexpected-disney-art/

ZapperZ said...

Thanks for the info and the link. I missed that.

It is so nice that Disney is doing this and training the custodial crew that are interesting in doing this. Like I said, it is the little touches like this that makes it so magical to be there.

Love it!

Zz.

Unknown said...

I first encountered these guys in the same place you did in January of this year. Before the trip was over, we saw another guy also doing this on Main Street. It was one of our favorite memories - and they are so talented!

(I was disappointed to not see any of them in July - I either missed them or the July heat made any effort in vain.)

I read the Disney Parks blog on it, too, and I was impressed the custodial crew wanted to learn and add to the Disney magic.