Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Dirty Soarin'

No, this is not about an "adult" version of Soarin'! :)

We went to Soarin' at Epcot this past Feb. 29. We were directed to Concourse B and we finally sat on the left side of the theater. Right away, as soon as we got hoisted up and the film started, I could see dirt and dust on the video. All through the attraction, I kept noticing the "dirty" video being projected onto the screen. This was my least enjoyable experience on Soarin', my most favorite attraction at Epcot and something that I've done countless other times. I just couldn't enjoy it because I kept getting distracted by the dirtiness of the picture. For me, it ruined the whole experience, so much so that I didn't feel like going back to see it again during this trip (we usually do Soarin' multiple times). I had noticed the dirty videos before, but not to this extent.

Someone from Disney needs to seriously view this and see how bad it looks. When you have something that big and supposed to be very realistic, such poor quality projection can lessen the experience. I've hear rumors that a newer version (or maybe a different version) of Soarin' might be in the works. Still, the current one feels rather neglected.

And speaking of disappointment, what happened to the queue line? I was looking for the "interactive" and more fabulous queue line for Soarin', and what I noticed was nothing like that! In fact, I'd say that the queue line that they have now is worse than what they had before. At least the old queue line had several trivia facts that could keep people entertained while they wait. This one had nothing. Even the huge pictures on the lighted screen didn't fascinate me the least bit.

Please take care of my Soarin'!!

Zz.

No comments: