Wednesday, March 12, 2008

How To Do Walt Disney World Like A Grown Up

This is a fun LA Times article on doing Disney without any kids in tow, something that I've done many, many times! It is a wonderful experience, and even as an adult, one can enjoy the "kiddie rides" as well (try stopping me from getting on Dumbo).

This past trip, I noticed a lot of elderly couples who were there just by themselves with no kids or grandkids. It is fun to see that Disney theme parks can be enjoyed by not only people of a wide range of age, but also under a wide range of conditions and circumstances. You could have kids, but it doesn't mean that you have to go to a Disney theme parks with kids to enjoy it. The level and nature of the enjoyment is different.

For me, I tend to notice a lot more of the details when I'm with just adults. I feel like I have a lot more time to appreciate the finer points of WDW, and to appreciate the small things that they do. That's why when a cast member does something unexpectedly nice, or when I notice some small "treasure" that I didn't notice before, it tends to make the visit/trip a lot more memorable. Adults tend to notice this, something that kids can miss, or something that we get distracted with when we're with kids.

So here's to more adults going to WDW without kids! :)

Zz.

No comments: