Monday, October 20, 2008

Ailing Woman Sues Disney For Kicking Her Off Ride

Holy Cow! Just when you think you've heard everything, along comes something like this.

Now, usually a terrifying ride such as Tower of Terror comes with many caution and warning that one shouldn't ride it if one has so-and-so or is afraid of such-and-such, or has some sort of a medical conditions. However, in this case, someone actually has a doctor's recommendation to ride the Tower of Terror to help this person's medical condition.

Mooty has adhesions in her abdomen, essentially, internal scarring. She needs four to six surgeries a year to get rid of the adhesions.

Mooty's doctor wrote a letter to Disney stating, "The benefit of riding the Tower of Terror breaks down these adhesions thus relieving her of so much pain."


But then, something happened.

"A different manager said she didn't care what my card said, I'm only allowed to ride the ride four times," said Mooty.


That doesn't sound right. Nowhere does it state that guests can only go on an attraction a maximum of 4 times. After all, who's counting? And why would there be such a limit?

Supposedly, this guest was banned from WDW for swearing in front of other guests. In any case, there's a lot of very vague description of the incident here, and I bet we are not anywhere near to what actually happened.

Zz.

1 comment:

D.Mooty said...

Hello people, I am the woman who is sueing Disney. I’m sorry for long post here but for those of you who want the facts, please read.
First of all, let me clear up some misgiven information. I do not hold a prescription to ride the ride, the letter from my Doctor was sent to Disney’s exct. office explaining simply how the ride helps me, but by no means is it a prescription. It was sent to Disney after the original issue of why the card was revoked in the first place and it was sent only to help Disney to try to understand HOW the ride helps. Which they never even read it, due to the woman addmidting that she did not read it, she just shreaded it instead!!
As for if I had forgotten my GAC card that day, no I did not, the manager refused to even look at it.
The card had just been renewed on 6-28-08 through 9-28-08. After the man from guest services practically accused me of writting on the card myself, when he then went and looked in the computer under my guest service file number and saw it was posted that way in their computer and that I forged nothing, he revoked the card with no explainion of why!
When I tried to find out why and what did I have to do to get it reinstated, that was when everything went down hill.
Disney chose to eject me under the grounds that I used profanity, because they couldn’t think of any other way to get rid of me.
I have been doing this at Disney for 4 years. 6 mos. of it under the GAC card with NO problems, so why now 1 to 2 weeks after renewing it, did they revoke it? I just wanted to know why and what did I have to do to get it reinstated!
Also, when the head of security told me to leave the park, I did. It wasn’t until I was at the exit, exiting the park when the head of security told Orange County Sher. Dept. to Tresspass me. By doing so, he was brutal about his methods of handling me. I was in FULL compliance with EVERYTHING Disney was asking of me.
I am not a trouble maker or a foul mouth person.
As for Disney being a family place, in the years I’ve been going there I’ve seen more drunks using profanity and cast members as well. This was nothing more then an excuse for Disney to sweep their mistake under the rug so to speak!!
Because I told them I was going to contact the Vice Pres. and tell them what was going on, it was right after that, that I was ejected.
As for if the ride really helps someone with my condition, YES it does, tremendously!! Until you ride the ride with this condition, you won’t really know!
It’s the G-Forces in both directions that does it!
Bellow is my website, for those who want to REALLY know what adhesions really look like and how it pulls your organs out of place. But for those who have a weak stomach I advise you to not see the photos since they are ACTUAL surgical pictures from my MANY surgeries.
http://www.gimppysplace.freeservers.com
I do hope to resolve this issue soon because I want nothing more then to return to the Tower, I truly do miss being there and I miss the ppl as well.
Well thats it, kinda in a nut shell.
I wish you all the very best