Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Happy Birthday, Epcot!

Today, Oct. 1st, is the 26th anniversary of Epcot.

I think, for as long as I live, Oct. 1st will always be a date that I will have very fond memories of. It was last year, on Oct 1st, 2007, that we celebrated Epcot's 25th anniversary with Celebration 25. It was one of the most memorable moments of our lives, and reinforced the idea that there are extremely loyal and wonderful Disney fans, and that this theme park is more than just bricks and mortar to many of us. I did a brief "trip report" during the celebration here:

Anniversary Eve
Anniversary Day

I took a lot of pictures and video shots of the two days of celebration, but looking back, I wished I had taken more. There were just so many wonderful moments - the history walks, the surprise visit by Jim McPhee, the group rides, the session with Marty Sklar, the desert reception, the 25th Anniversary Illuminations tag, the waiting for the barge burn-off, and of course, the finale to top all finale, the sing-along walking out to the front gate. It was one of those nights you wish would never, ever end, because in the back of your mind, you somehow knew that you'll never feel that way again.

This is the short video that I did after the anniversary celebration. It doesn't do the celebration justice, but it keeps the visual memory alive.



Happy Birthday, Epcot!!

Zz.

No comments: