Sunday, October 19, 2008

Zac Efron to Star in Pirates 4?

A juicy rumor indeed. However, it came from the National Enquirer, so take it for whatever it is worth when it comes from a supermarket tabloid like that.

Supposedly, Zac Efron has been offered a part in Pirates of the Caribbean 4. I suppose they do need a "heart throb" since Orlando Bloom isn't coming back. The report also mentioned that he's being groomed to eventually take over the staring role in Pirates after Johnny Depp leaves.

I don't watch High School Musical, nor have I have seen Efron in any other shows/movies, so I can't tell how good of an actor he is. Still, I would think that Pirates with Johnny Depp won't be the same, and possibly, less exciting. But we will see. If they can keep replacing James Bond and still be as successful, who knows if it won't work here as well.

Zz.

No comments: